Stolzenau to Eitzendorf: Wonderful cycling and camping opportunities - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2013

Stolzenau to Eitzendorf: Wonderful cycling and camping opportunities

Once again, we are riding through a wonderful area. Historic villages provide us with interesting sights as they are often perched along the river.

We arrived at the campground in Eitzendorf delighted to see familiar cyclists camping there. We had met this couple at the campground in Stolzenau. They are from Nuremburg and are also cycling to Cuxhaven. It is always interesting to meet up at the end of the day and compare notes on how the day went. In this part of the Weser, the campgrounds are not as plentiful or spaced as frequently as further south, so I suspect that we will see this couple again. The campgrounds seems to be about 60-90 km apart in the northern section of the Weser.

While travelling along the Weser River, we have only met cyclists who are from Germany. As Canadians, we are definitely in the minority. Being from a different place so far away, and having our unusual looking bike has led to campers and cyclists seeking us out to talk to us and find out about our journey.
Once again, we are so grateful that our German friend, Cora, recommended this trip to us. We have loved exploring the Weser River and this part of Germany.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Another good night of camping - we camped behind Barry is standing. The campground had a pretty position along the river and provided us with a comfortable covered eating area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Camping at Stolzenau - such good camping along the Weser River.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltGood to know re camping availability and location!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
This traditional detail of horses on the roof are a typical feature on the roofs in this area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beware!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We aren't sure what these mean - many of the houses had these on their front wall - new and old houses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
An interesting fountain - washing asparagus.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltI LOVE white asparagus!! I'm looking forward to having a good amount of it on my bike trip! :) :) It is SOOO good!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
..and selling asparagus
Heart 1 Comment 0
We marvelled at the heavy load this man is carrying on his trailer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the Police Museum, we were fascinated by Luisa, the wild boar who was an official part of the police force.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here is the wild boar with her policeman partner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The young boar had bonded with the dog.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 72 km (45 miles)
Total: 1,396 km (867 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0