Fachbach to Limburg on the Lahn: On our way to visit our friends, the Reitz family - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 3, 2013

Fachbach to Limburg on the Lahn: On our way to visit our friends, the Reitz family

It was a good idea to stop and stay at a Gasthaus last night - comfortable bed, recently renovated rooms and an outstanding breakfast. Speaking of the breakfast, it included the usual eggs, bread/buns, fruit, etc but we were amazed at the gourmet offerings of small tapa like goodies of caviar, smoked salmon and an incredible variety of cheese and meat and crepes with Canadian maple syrup. Barry really enjoyed it, but I was still not feeling well due to the extreme heat, so I ate simply.
Due to his fall off the bike yesterday, Barry is turning intersting shades of purple and blue on his hip and elbow.
We are really looking to getting to Limburg and contacting Cora, Georg and their family. We will be visiting them in their home and are also looking forward to seeing their collection of recumbent bikes.

Leaving our guesthouse
Heart 0 Comment 0
We don't have far to ride today - looking forward to seeing more of the Lahn River. The Reitz family live about 20 km from Limburg. We haven't had a working phone, so we are hoping to get email to contact them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting for the train, and hot after climbing stairs to our track.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the regional German trains that allow us to transport our big bike. This trip avoided the big hill of 3 km.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At Cafe Will in Limburg, we escaped the rain and heat by enjoying some coffee and a chocolate cake.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltYum - that chocolate cake looks delicious! :)
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
When we got off the train at Limburg station, this father came over to us and led us in the right direction down ramps instead of flights of stairs. This man is so typical of the friendly and helpful people we have met in Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0
While waiting for the Reitz family to come and meet us, we started to get a look at the wonderfully restored half timber buildings in Limburg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our first breakfast with Cora, Justus and Clara. We seem to have so much to talk about - so much laughter and common areas of interest.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 km (14 miles)
Total: 731 km (454 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0