Mosbach to Frankfurt: A remarkable coincidence - Poking Around Europe 4.0 - CycleBlaze

October 22, 2017

Mosbach to Frankfurt: A remarkable coincidence

Breakfast this morning at the Hotel Lamm was the full ten jammer, complete with champagne and orange juice. Not as much lingering today though, as we had train adventures ahead, First up was the S Bahn to Heidelberg. We were ready and waiting when a fellow passenger asked where we were from. Matthew has been living in Germany for five years, but is a born and raised Victoria product. That was fun and we immediately settled together on the train for a good visit.

Matthew and I, waiting for the train.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Matthew was great to chat with, wonderful sense of humour and a real knowledge of Germany that we enjoyed. We asked him about his Dad and as he was describing his father's work and the people he worked with it was all sounding awfully familiar. Our son works with his Dad, Yup. Matthew and I both have an MSOC (Marine Security Operations Centre) coffee mug, which we found pretty hilarious. What are the chances of that? It is a small, small world.

Our ride to Heidelberg was uneventful and easy, thanks to Matthew. Once at the Heidelberg station we bought tickets for the onward journey to Frankfurt. For once there were no train dramas. We were in Frankfurt Main station by 1 PM.

Bikes tangled up on train number one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heidelberg. Keith is waiting for me to make the ticket purchase. Imagine his surprise when I came out the door and said "We have four minutes." We made it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Keith loved this guys creative seating on train number two.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The only glitch in the day came at Frankfurt Main Station. There was an elevator to track 103 where we were to catch our S Bahn to the airport. Keith wanted me to go down the escalator with my loaded bike, but I wanted to take the elevator. No big deal...down the escalator he went and I headed for the lift. That is when I realized he was on his way to the wrong track. Damn. Down I went on the elevator, thinking I could call to him across the tracks and set him straight, but I couldn't see him. As agreed, we have to return to the place we last saw each other when we misplace each other so we both retraced our steps and met back up two levels up. Sheesh. We both went down the elevator together the second time.

Frankfurt Main Station is a happening place.
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the airport we checked in, boxed the bikes and are ready for the flight tomorrow. We had one last schnitzel and beer dinner and toasted what we think is the best tour yet. Airport adventures begin tomorrow.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0