Day 3: Thann to Riquewihr - Lift-off: Kiwis take flight again - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2023

Day 3: Thann to Riquewihr

Today needed to bring back the joys of cycle touring. And it did just that.

Earlier tonight, we ate outdoors at the pizza restaurant next to our apartment, enjoying the food, the ambience and warmth. We were back indoors in time to watch the final sprint laps of the Tour de France. Our ride along the Alsace wine route today was leisurely and picturesque, though with some decent climbs through hilly vineyards.

After too many words about too many train trips, I'm handing over now to today's photos.

These pix loaded out of order but we spent some time walking around beautiful Eguisheim.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 1
Jennie EastonSo cool 😊
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 68 km (42 miles)
Total: 196 km (122 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Carolyn van HoeveOh hallelujah! The cycle tour starts properly now you’re done with the chaos. Happy days!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Robyn RichardsExactly, Carolyn! BTW we walked to the Post office in Riquewihr this morning with a bag of excess gear. We officially had too much stuff! I could've kept the KMart bag on the bike but that went too.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Carolyn van HoeveTo Robyn RichardsAnd I thought your packing list seemed like there was little excess!! We’re going to have to think hard about what we’re taking!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Toni LinkNow I’m enjoying the ride! Loved the pictures!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago