More Bordeaux photos: "How are we going to get to Potugal?" - A tour of France, and Portugal - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2014

More Bordeaux photos: "How are we going to get to Potugal?"

After going over, (and over), all the senerios of how to logistically, get to Portugal, by September 24th, we booked a flight from Bordeaux to Lisbon for the 24th. Renting a van, (needed, for the bikes), was extremely expensive, because of the drop-off fees. We could almost fly around the world for less. Taking trains, (our worst nightmare), was difficult, expensive, and not to mention, over 30 hours on the suckers. Also, because there is so much more we want to see before leaving France, we decided to rent a van, for our duration in France. We still plan to do lots of cycling, even with the van. At least, that is what I have been promised..... We spent the morning doing more sightseeing on foot in Bordeaux, before heading out to pick up our van, and driving to the B&B we have booked in Puynormand, which is a tiny village not too far from St Emillion, which is a famous, and beautiful wine area of Bordeaux.

This fun sculpture was in one of the squares on our way to the marche
Heart 0 Comment 0
Olives, anyone?
Heart 0 Comment 0
This beautiful sculpture is in our favourite square in Bordeaux, in front of the opera house.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think these feet could use a wash...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Into the mist
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Biker tan
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0