Driving through the Medoc Vineyards and to the beach: We needed a moules fix! - A tour of France, and Portugal - CycleBlaze

September 18, 2014

Driving through the Medoc Vineyards and to the beach: We needed a moules fix!

Today we drove through the vineyards and beautiful chateaus of Medoc. We have never seen so many vineyards. They went as far as you could see, in all directions. The most famous one here is the Chateau Lafite- Rothschild, with wines selling at $1050 per bottle. Although we did not tour this one (it's long and expensive), we did eat some of their grapes off the vine. They were good, but I would have much preferred the wine! Later in the afternoon, we were craving moules and frites,(sorry, Carol), so we went over to the Atlanic, which is a short drive. We were surprised that the restaurant and beach we ended up at, was the same one we went to on our bike. Later that evening the host made a 5 course, gourmet meal, with wine, for us and another couple who were staying there. It was delicious! This young couple were holidaying from Switzerland, and he was extremely knowlaged in a Bordeaux wine. They were collecting Bordeaux wine to put down for 30years, when they retire. I asked them if they had bought any that day, and they said no, that they buy it in Switzerland, as it is cheaper there. Another great day done. We are not sure where we are going tomorrow, but somewhere. I miss my bike, but soon we will be riding in Portugal. Somehow the days and decisions are easier on the bikes. One thing for sure, you notice more things on a bike, and take more photos, (even if they get deleted). Still not happy about that one.....

Sorry, Carol! I may be done though. I think I have OD on these.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Love the beaches here
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0