Saint Emilion (Puynormand) to Medoc wine region: Sadly, by our rental van, not on a bike - A tour of France, and Portugal - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2014

Saint Emilion (Puynormand) to Medoc wine region: Sadly, by our rental van, not on a bike

This morning, before we left our B&B, our host took us for a ride in her beautifully restored 1929 Citroen. What a ride it was! We went for about an hour through vineyards, past chateaus, on tiny narrow roads, bouncing along at rather fast speeds. Ron said it felt like we were out of control, but what a hoot! Most of the time, one or both of her arms were flinging around pointing out this and that! We were sad to leave, but Medoc wine was calling. The drive up was very beautiful, through huge vineyards and chateaus . I had booked into another B&B in the Medoc area, and we arrived late in the afternoon, we were very happy with the choice and location. They had there own vineyard, and a wonderful swimming pool, which I took the time to enjoy. Rather than go to a restaurant, the host had prepared a gourmand dinner, with wonderful wine, for us and the other two guests. What a delicious treat! The other couple were from Germany, and they were on a golfing holiday. I am sorry to report that our SD card from the camera got deleted (somehow.....grrrrr), so we are missing photos from three days, other that what was taken with the iPhone. I think they can be restored, but that will have to wait until we get home.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0