Reunion - The Superior ride - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2017

Reunion

Today we're laying over in Saint Paul and spent most of the day upriver in Champlin, catching up with the lives of our son Shawn and his daughters Ashley and Haylee.  It was a long overdue visit and a heartwarming reunion.  It's not really part of the biking tour, but since we managed to rustle up a few shots with bicycles it seemed OK to include a page for today in the journal.  We'll be laying over again tomorrow for Fathers Day, and with luck we can get Haylee on her bike again - otherwise, I'll shut down the journal until Monday morning, when we start our tour under the aegis of a MYSTERY GUEST! 

Together again. As inept as I am, it's always a pleasant surprise when reassembly goes smoothly.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Saint Paul Cathedral and the Wabasha Bridge, from the west bank. We enjoyed this view from our walk along the bluff on the way back from a great breakfast at the Capitol View Cafe. At first I was thrown off and thought this was the State Capitol building because of the name of the cafeteria.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The womenfolk conspire against us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Haylee bikes like she was born to it. If we can get a helmet and shoes on her, she'll be ready to hit the road with us one of these years.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Shawn and Haylee
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rachael and Ashley
Heart 1 Comment 0
The road warriors After a rough afternoon on the miniature golf links and in the arcade, we work off some aggression in the bumper cars.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Bad teeth day
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0