Fathers Day - The Superior ride - CycleBlaze

June 18, 2017

Fathers Day

Father's Day with our son!  This probably hasn't happened for fifteen years.  We began it on our own, going out to breakfast in Lowertown and taking a stroll along the river while Shawn and the girls slept in for a bit.  Then we drove back out to Champlin again for more family fun - a second breakfast at IHOP (we basically just visited and downed more coffee while they worked their way through various piles of goopy pancakes); a trip to nearby Elm Creek Park; and some relaxed time with board games until time to depart for the airport to return the car.  A bit sad to say goodbye, but we'll be back for a second visit at the end of the tour.

Above the river in downtown Saint Paul, chatting with Shawn and setting our plan for the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At Elm Creek Park
Heart 1 Comment 0
quits.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Haylee at Elm Creek Park
Heart 1 Comment 0
Biking through Fort Snelling, on the way back from returning the rental car to the airport. There is perhaps about a half mile of good dirt path through the fort until you connect up to the paved Minehaha Trail.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In Fort Snelling. All this green, all this water! Quite an abrupt change from our tour in southern Utah just a few days ago.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A Surly IPA, at the Longfellow Grill. We stopped here for dinner on the way back from the airport, on the recommendation of our Air B&B host.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking upriver to downtown Minneapolis, on our ride back to our room. We didn't finish dinner until eight o'clock, and still had about twelve miles to go. Good thing we're only a day or two from summer solstice.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A wier on the Mississippi. It was a beautiful ride home along the north bank, but we couldn't afford to linger because darkness was closing in. We'll have to come back again when we can take more time.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Just around the bend from Saint Paul
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 24 miles (39 km)
Total: 24 miles (39 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0