Wagging goodbye to the office - The Superior ride - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2017

Wagging goodbye to the office

How strange.  We returned from Utah eight days ago, and we leave for another short tour in Minnesota tomorrow.  Pretty mad-cap - barely enough time to do the laundry before it's time to repack.

Enough time though for Rachael to wrap up her contract at the Oregon Youth Authority, where she's worked for about the last five years.  Today is her last day of work, and then she's FULLY RETIRED!  She's down in Salem still, or on the freeway on her way home.  I stayed home to finish packing and run some errands, and while I'm waiting for her to show up I dashed over to the Lucky Lab to have a celebratory pint in her honor.

Next stop, Minneapolis-Saint Paul.  We'll spend the weekend visiting our son Shawn and his daughters, and start biking Monday morning.

Outside SAIF (my employer, and formerly Rachael's also). We're just leaving for our final after-work ride. It's a slightly bittersweet moment - we've been taking after work rides in Salem since the year we were married. Closing the book on an era.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a Wag IPA in honor of Rachael's last day at work, at the Lucky Laborador. The Wag is described as a Newfoundland style IPA, developed after extensive research on the coast of Laborador. Apt enough.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the Lucky Laborador - my idea of a brew pub.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0