Day37 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

March 29, 2018

Day37

Cold Springs, Tx - Kountz, Tx

Miles: 62.4        Elevation:  786 Feet         Flats:  0

Yesterdays weather break turned out to be a wonderful decision. It poured and poured most of the day with thunder, lightening and even tornado watches. By this morning the rain had stopped and left behind flooding and lightening damage in the county. We were fortunate on our ride to only have to cross one slightly flooded rode. Creeks had overflowed everywhere and the roadsides were pretty wet. George and the SAG motor home were not so lucky . Upon leaving the site where he'd parked near the Sunday houses the motor home's tires sunk into the saturated ground. A tow truck was needed to get him out. 

Pretty soft ground!
Heart 0 Comment 0
fields flooded by creek run-over
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim & Maggie cross the flooded roadway
Heart 1 Comment 0

Despite the bad rainstorm from the night before todays weather was beautiful for a bike ride. We had a mix of sun and overcast with temperatures in the 70's. We had a nice ride with no hills and mild winds at our backs.  Spring flowers and beautiful butterflies all along the way. 

coreopsis also called tickseed, was used in mattresses to ward of ticks and fleas.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Texas Thistle & swallowtail
Heart 1 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltNice you got a swallowtail on it!

----->Bill
Reply to this comment
6 years ago

Today's ride: 62 miles (100 km)
Total: 1,649 miles (2,654 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Ron BakerHi All,

Well we are on the same time zone at the moment. We are working our way east on I-40. Had a day of snow in AZ and NM. Presently we are in Fort Smith, AR visiting friends.
Nan and Ron (Tim and George's cousin)
Reply to this comment
6 years ago