Day 15 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

March 4, 2018

Day 15

Rest Day

Nothing like a rest day at the  Mt.Valley RV park and Cabins to recharge ones batteries. Slept late and then we all worked on doing laundry and cleaning and repairing bikes.  Being that it was Sunday we were on our own for meals which was fine as the cabin had a full size kitchen with the cutest pink gas stove.  After lunch some of us visited the reptile/ Geronimo museum-Native American museum.  Interesting display of live snakes, lizards,& spiders.  Hope never to see any of them outside of the museum.  We also took the time to visit the Portal Canyon and the village of Portal. Extremely beautiful on this sunny day. The village of Portal has a great general store/cafe, post office and library.  Dinner Sunday night included a feast of grilled steak, baked potatoes and veggies. We also had the good fortune to meet to other bikers, Gary and Rob from Erie, Pa. who were staying at the lodge that night.  They are also biking across the Southern route but covering much longer daily distance.We wish them well on their continued journey.  

Our lodging in Rodeo
Heart 2 Comment 0
New Mexico Flag
Heart 1 Comment 0
Portal Canyon
Heart 3 Comment 1
Lynda ReidStunning scenary
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Portal, NM general store
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0