In Conclusion - Crossing the Delaware - CycleBlaze

In Conclusion

  The trip was great. The weather was great. The food was great. The Priority 600 worked really well, except for the plastic fenders, which sometimes rattled. It seems I’ve been fiddling with them since I got the bike. I keep the 10 mm wrench in the handlebar bag for this very purpose..

   It would have been smarter to start with less mileage but the hotel locations didn’t cooperate. Rt 209 in New York wasn’t much fun but it didn’t seem particularly dangerous. The road south of the Shawnee Inn was shoulderless but not very busy. I was only on it for a few miles. Utilizing that road, the McDade Trail and Old MIne Road in NJ, one could create a nice 70+ mile  mixed loop through the Water Gap Recreational Area. Another section for loops is the area between Trenton, NJ and Frenchtown, PA with trails on both sides of the river and multiple river crossings. There are also plenty of places to eat, drink and stay. Another way to explore the river would be with a kayak or canoe. I hope my trip provides an overview of this beautiful part of the Northeast. Get out and ride.

The Delaware River
Heart 1 Comment 1
Tom ThorsenHappy with the new bike.
Tom
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Kathleen JonesThat was a nice little adventure.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Bob DistelbergVery nice. I enjoyed reading about this trip.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago