Day 23 - Arrival in Prague - Donaueschingen to Prague - CycleBlaze

September 29, 2019

Day 23 - Arrival in Prague

The cycling is done!

FToday was our final day of serious cycling reaching our final destination, Prague the capital of the Czech Republic.  Tomorrow we have to take our bikes to the shop to be packed for transport home but otherwise we are done and we are all in one piece.  Our last day was 49km with some early climbing but much easier than previous days.  Perhaps that is why most commercial tours start in Prague and end in Vienna, it allows for clients to find their cycling legs before it gets to tough.  Nonetheless we are done and still speaking to each other, 😃.  The ride into Prague was pretty easy following the Garmin and coming in along the river.  We are in a hotel tonight but then have a apartment for 3 nights before going home.  Prague (Praha) is a beautiful city with much to see and do.  It is interesting to note that I have recorded 1307 km while Patti’s  Strava app recorded 1352km.  If anyone can explain please do because we rode the same routes with no extra Kms everyday.

Each significant size town has its own coat of arms, this is Prague’s.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My bike packed and ready for the last day. Other than a few flats it has performed beautifully. I do think I have worn out my front brake pads and it needs a serious clean.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Along the river leaving Týnec this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our coffee stop also made its own beer but we stuck to tea and coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Saw this pheasant today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Entering Prague this trail through the tunnel requires cyclist to walk. Since we could not read the signs we were tempted to ride until a fellow coming the other way told us the police were there waiting to ticket anyone who was riding.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The river and monastery in Prague.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The famous Charles bridge as we approach along the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of many local beers.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I

Part of the town square lit up at night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The famous astronomical clock.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding the trail into Prague.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gathered at the Charles bridge for a finishing photo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Walking through the arcade at the Charles bridge. One of vendors commented on Ron being with 3 women. He said to Ron if he needed any help to call him.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A close up at the bridge.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonCongratulations all on your epic event! Loved following along. Well done all!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Today's ride: 49 km (30 miles)
Total: 55 km (34 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Hilary JaegerI am super impressed. No trains (that you admitted to), still smiling, and as far as I can tell the worst instance of being lost was for not even 10km. Enjoy your few days in Prague. Have a Czech beer for me.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago