Packed and ready to go - Donaueschingen to Prague - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2019

Packed and ready to go

I am off to ride the Danube River with 3 friends from BC starting at its origin in the town of Donaueschingen Germany.  The plan is to follow the river to Vienna at which point we will leave the river and ride to Prague in the Czech Republic rather than carry on to Budapest.  This trip will likely be a one time adventure carrying all of my stuff and staying in local hotels (not a tent) since my preference is credit card touring with more support and comfort.

The entire route that we plan to take.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first section from Donaueschingen to Passau Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Moots is ready.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My bike is boxed for travel to Frankfurt. We will re-pack in Prague for the way home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Carol DunlopOne time? I think after this trip, you will always want to roll this way 😜
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Beth KavanaghHave fun and be safe.
John and Beth
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
David SoulsbyMoots looks very streamlined :)
One pannier or two? How much gear did you fit in the bike box?
Like the cycle route along the river - we've traveled part of that and cycled near Passau.
Safe cycling and have a wonderful time - Linda
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kathleen ClassenIt is the best way to roll. You are going to love it. Looking forward to following along.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Margaret KavanaghTwo panniers which I am taking as carryons plus a handle bar bag and trunk that are in the bike box with my bike. I have my fingers crossed that the bike survives the trip only in a card board box.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Hilary JaegerFair skies and steady tailwinds to you all. Hope your hands survive doing that much laundry in sinks, bidets, and bathtubs.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago