Day 24 - Touring Prague - Donaueschingen to Prague - CycleBlaze

September 30, 2019

Day 24 - Touring Prague

We are now in Prague so the only cycling that we did today was riding our bikes to a shop to be packed up for our return home.  Once  that was done we hopped on a tram to take us back into the city.   They will be delivered tomorrow about 3 PM to make sure we have them before leaving on Thursday.  Once that was done we went our separate ways to tour Prague because our interests are not all the same.  I wandered about before breakfast for photos to get ahead of the crowds.  After we dropped of the bikes I watched the clock strike 12 and then I went up the clock tower for the view.   Next I took the Hop On Hop Off bus tour for a few hours mostly to save my knees, but I also with these tours  I not only cover more territory but I also  learn about the city and country.  I got off at the monastery to have a beer and see the city from the high point of the monastery.   The beer was great.  Once back at the hotel Patti and I moved to our 2 bedroom apt for the next 3 nights.

The Velvet Revolution (Czech: sametová revoluce) or Gentle Revolution (Slovak: nežná revolúcia) was a non-violent transition of power in what was then Czechoslovakia, occurring from 17 November to 29 December 1989. Popular demonstrations against the one-party government of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia included students and older dissidents. The result was the end of 41 years of one-party rule in Czechoslovakia, and the subsequent dismantling of the command economy and conversion to a parliamentary republic.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Charles bridge in the AM without all of the tourists.
Heart 1 Comment 0
King Charles at the Charles bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The astronomical clock this morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The far end of the Charles bridge.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonWoe, what a beautiful and colorful photo
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Buildings in the clock square.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Irish Times in Prague. There is an Irish pub everywhere.
Heart 1 Comment 1
The bike shop where our bikes are being packed for the return trip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beer in a bike shop, now that is a good idea.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Patti at a statue in town.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A view of Prague from the tower.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The square from above.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The church across the square from the tower.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A panorama from the clock tower.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The chapel in the town square that has recently been reworked after WWII. It only opened a few years ago and has these amazing, modern stained glass windows.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A door within the town hall, the city crest is above the door.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My beer at the monastery. The monks have been making beer here since the 1300s so I think they know what they are doing. It was great.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My beer with the city in the distance.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Patti found this lovely 2 bedroom apt that is just outside of the old town. Since we are here for 3 nights we decided to stay here rather than a hotel. This is Patti’s room since mine had a bad case of exploding suitcase(pannier) syndrome.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bathing room, tub and shower and we have a washing machine 😄
Heart 0 Comment 0
The living room and kitchen that we won’t use but it is nice to have a real fridge for wine and Diet Coke. This place is very reasonable given the size, amenities and location.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The old gate at night beyond which is our flat.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 6 km (4 miles)
Total: 6 km (4 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0