Day 20 - Hluboká nad Vltavou to Bechyne - Donaueschingen to Prague - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2019

Day 20 - Hluboká nad Vltavou to Bechyne

Hluboká nad Vltavou is a village associated with outdoor and wellness activities.  Historically it was a location for hunting and fishing.  Now it celebrates cycling, hiking plus spas and wellness pursuits.  We started the morning by going back up to the castle but the first English tour was 10AM and we did not have that much time so we passed.  Once our bikes we ready to go we headed north towards Prague that is still a few days away or at least we thought we did.  We have been on the rode now for 18 days following GPSs, maps and road signs with very few mistakes until today.  As is often the case leaving a location and getting yourself oriented in the right direction is the hardest part.  Well today due to miscommunication mostly on my part we started off in the wrong direction.  Fortunately the route was flat and we didn’t go too far.  On the upside we came across an interesting white water rafting location that we would not otherwise have seen.  Once we got ourselves sorted out we headed toward Bechyne where we are spending the night.  We had a lovely ride through rolling forested and rural country side.  Bechyne is at the confluence of 2 rivers with records dating back to the 9th century.  It is known for its ceramics and a monastery.  The buildings around the town square are all very colourful and cheery.  We have 3 more days and 2 nights before we arrive in Prague.  We could do it faster but we will have 4 days in Prague as it is so we are taking our time.

The castle this morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A photo of a photo of the inside of the castle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now this is a door knocker.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The white water rafters.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron coming up the hill in the forested part of the ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Canada Carol in the forest.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A nuclear power plant in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Where we are today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bike parking for the night.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The town square tonight in Bechyne.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A view of the river passing through Bechyne.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 201 km (125 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0