I-2: 洛阳 - Me China Red - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2021

I-2: 洛阳

This is the only day that anything much really happens besides drinking and charcuterie platters. It was intended to be the relaxed day with just a bit of walking around the neighborhood the hotel is in. 

Little do we know though, the call by Education bureaus everywhere telling teachers and students that they must be back in their city at least two weeks before the start of the semester has triggered massive amounts of travel by people who were already at risk of potentially having come into contact with a Covid patient. Furthermore, as many of these people only rank "in home monitoring" and not full on quarantine, they're getting home and continuing their vacations by doing day trips.

As a result, tourist sites (soon to be followed by parks and gyms) all over the country are closing down.

Emperor Carriage Museum, no.

Shaolin Temple, no.

White Horse Temple, no.

We can still do the Longmen Grottoes at least, but we both have to get a Covid test issued within the past 48 hours and neither of us are as urgent about this as we ought to be. 

Zhougong Temple wasn't un-fun. Its just that, even if one of the side figures on the main shrine is 500 years old, it really wasn't anything spectacular or fascinating compared to all the places we ought to have been going. Instead, it's really the kind of place that you ought to visit on a rainy Sunday afternoon when you've lived somewhere already for five years. Which is probably why it wasn't closed.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0