Wednesday in Montecatini Alto - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

June 15, 2023

Wednesday in Montecatini Alto

It was a very unexciting day yesterday. In the morning we managed to get the busses lined up and take a bus down to town then out to a big shopping center to get a few things that we've been needing for ages. The busses only come every hour, so we were not very relaxed trying to get around. When I looked at the distance I presumed we would just bike, but doing that climb once by bike is enough for me.

We came back to the campsite to find that all the lovely trees on our site were providing our tent with absolutely no shade. Tobias tried really hard to sleep in there but after 10 minutes I checked on him and his whole body was beaded with sweat like he'd just been in a sauna. Sleeping in the bed outside didn't work for him either, so James had to go for a ride down the hill to get him to sleep in the trailer.

As forecast it thundered and rained in the afternoon and we had to pull in all our laundry off the line again. We are running out of nappies again which seems ridiculous because it's so hot, but the unpredictable thunderstorms makes it hard to dry them. We had to cook dinner sheltered outside the toilet block under the little bit of cover there, which is difficult when your 2 year old is super tired and racing around on his bike, but we managed. 

He has been carrying this stick for 3 days now. It's his weed whacker and he flails it around yelling "weed whacker!"
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0