Wednesday in Ljubljana - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2023

Wednesday in Ljubljana

We had grand plans for indoor activities on today's thundery day, but somehow we didn't manage to make it out of the house together until 30 minutes before lunch time. 

That's not exactly true. James had been outside since 7am waiting for a package. He ordered a foot board for Tobias' bike, but once we checked into our house we realised that the doorbells don't work so when they told him it would be delivered today he just decided he would wait outside until they came. Luckily they came at about 9 and Tobias was very excited to do some maintenance on his bike. 

While he slept we managed to finally do some admin and plan the next stage of our trip. We are meeting another friend in just over a week in southern Slovenia, but we want to head up to the mountains too, so we're going to head up to Kranjska Gora first.

In the afternoon we headed to the post office to try and track down a package with Tobias' waterproof pants. We had it sent to our Airbnb, but it was under the wrong name and we couldn't work out where it had gone. When the guy at the counter told me it was in the post office I was amazed, and then held my breath while he spent 20 minutes trying to find it on the shelves. We also went to a baby store to pick up some extra cloths to try and give Tobias' nappies some extra absorbance and save us having to wash all his clothes, all the time. 

Staying with other people with little kids is great because meeting up for dinner at 5.30pm is totally reasonable. We went back to the pizza place from our first night and ordered every pizza on their menu. I keep thinking we are in Ljubljana for a week, but we've actually only got 2 more full days to do all our admin before we have to move on again.

Ljubljana is very bike friendly with lots of bike racks and Tobias wants to test every single one out.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0