Saturday in Renče - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2023

Saturday in Renče

Tobias woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning so the morning was spent trying to stop him from destroying the house. He got it into his head that he needed to put his bike seat from my bike on top of his balance bike seat then sit up there and ride around. This didn't go very well, it was very tall and not very balanced and he couldn't touch the ground. This was all very frustrating for him.

Things improved after a trip to the supermarket where I found a playground so he could climb and slide and do all the things his body needs to do on something fit for purpose. We drove a few kilometres from Renče (Liv didn't have a bike) for a coffee on a wee lake then came home and got him to bed as early as we could get away with.

In the afternoon we drove about 20 min across to the other side of the valley to Lipa Vida wines to do a wine tasting. Luckily sleep had improved Tobias' mood and he was a model child for the 2hr tasting and smelt all the different wines, enjoyed the huge plate of local meats and cheeses, and played with his cars. 

After he went to bed we tried to sort out the next leg of our journey. Our initial plan was to take the train from Gorizia to Bologna then bike through the hills to Livorno and take a ferry to Bastia then over to Marseille. However after communicating with a few warm showers hosts in Bologna they said that some of the smaller roads in the hills in that area are still probably closed after the heavy rain a few weeks ago. We knew there was very heavy rain, we saw it on the Giro, but it's really hard to pin point exactly where it is and what is affected. It is probably possible to map a route through there, but it is taking up a lot of brain space so we will probably take another train to Firenze and then bike the route from there. We couldn't find anywhere affordable to stay in Bologna so we booked an Airbnb in Ferrara for a few nights so we can regroup and figure out a new plan of attack.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0