Saturday in Leysin - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

July 29, 2023

Saturday in Leysin

Tobias woke up so early this morning that he was a bit of a grumpy pants the whole morning. He still has a wound in his lip from falling off his bike a few days ago and eating hurts it which doesn't help.

So we got out of the house and headed up to the gondola to Berneuse, even though the forecast and the clouds over the mountains were not looking promising. Tobias loved the cable car ride and was so excited the whole way up, then when we got to the top he tried to climb straight in the next one and head back down. If the weather had been a bit better we would have gone for a more substantial walk, but in the end it started raining after we'd been up there for about half an hour so we escaped inside the restaurant for a very expensive coffee in the revolving restaurant before heading back down.

Tobias' mood improved after a long nap and it was not raining so we headed out to the pump track to see if there was somewhere flat and without cars that he could ride. I didn't really expect him to go on the pump track, it was quite a big one, but once he saw James doing it he wanted to have a go too. He loved it and whooped at the top of each bump as he zoomed down again. I was equal parts proud and a bit terrified so I just watched from the sidelines. Unfortunately the rain came back so we had to shelter a bit before heading back home.

Geraldine made us another excellent, cheesy, Swiss dinner. We have been so well looked after the last few days. Its going to be hard going back to camping and cooking for ourselves again tomorrow! We have a long day of trains planned to get us from here to Tournus in France where we will camp before biking to meet some more friends the next day.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0