Friday in Leysin - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2023

Friday in Leysin

Today was very much about catching up on chores. And playgrounds. In the morning we enjoyed a long breakfast with Geraldine and Michel before they headed off to do some chores down in the valley while we walked up into Leysin to try and find some brake pads. Along with all the uphill we've done a fair bit of downhill on very heavy bikes so we need to change them again soon. On the way back we stopped at playground number one before heading back for lunch and a nap.

Having a 2 year old in anyone else's house is always a bit of a challenge. He likes to touch every single thing and gets a bit frustrated when we try to stop him. So we headed out for a walk to playground number 2. Leysin is a pretty town with an interesting story, but it doesn't have many footpaths and is all quite steep. Luckily we have the backpack that we originally got so Tobias could nap on the go while watching the tour which didn't actually arrive in time. This was pretty useful for keeping him contained while walking around and I think we'll carry it with us for the rest of the trip.

Geraldine made us fondue for dinner which we enjoyed downstairs. Tobias was very keen on the big long fork, but long dinners enjoyed with nice wine and great conversation are not so much his cup of tea. 

The view from our balcony. Further up in the town you can see Mont Blanc in the distance
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0