Rest day in Budva - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

April 28, 2023

Rest day in Budva

I'm very glad we are spending 3 nights here in Budva because the stairs down to the town and back are pretty grueling and not giving my legs much of a chance to recover. Especially when done carrying a toddler.

We started the morning with family calls then escaped the house before our kid tore too much apart. Once down in the town it was safe for Tobias to ride his bike along the waterfront so we could dawdle down for a coffee and back again. Naps in a location are great - he sleeps for much longer, and we get time to rest or do admin. Today we were looking at our upcoming route trying to eliminate unnecessary hills or traffic. Unfortunately as soon as you get off the main road, you seem to climb. We chose hills, but we're keeping the days nice and short so it should take us about 6 days to reach Mostar from here.

The other admin task was to find some kind of bag to attach to my handle bars so Tobias can have his own snacks. We often set off at about morning tea time so I'm trying to ride one handed uphill through traffic and feed him pieces of apple that have been crushed into my back pocket. I couldn't find exactly what I had in mind, but I think it will do.

In the afternoon we wandered through the old town of Budva at Tobias pace, so we didn't get very far. It was the perfect place because there was no traffic and we are outside the main tourist season so besides some big tour groups, he wasn't really in anyone's way. We even got to enjoy a whole beer sitting down together while he rode around. We were looking for a coffee roastery because we are all out, but although it exists in Google it was very much closed. Wandering the quieter side streets we stumbled across some cycle tourists who had just arrived to a hostel and were unpacking their bikes. We had a chat about our routes while Tobias charged around the courtyard.

There is a festival on here at the moment, they were setting up stages all through the old town and we can hear the music from our balcony. Unfortunately everything starts after 8, but perhaps we can take turns sitting in the house with our sleeping child and checking it out tomorrow.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Tobias is obsessed with music, especially guitars. He would have watched this guy for hours, I just got sore legs.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There are many nice playgrounds and places to play in Budva. There were 4 kids running around on this closed off seating.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0