Grenoble - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

July 7, 2023

Grenoble

We had a relatively uneventful rest day, but managed to tick off most of our tasks and see a bit of the city which was a bonus.

After talking to family we opted to get the bikes out to head across the river to Fontaine to a coffee roaster for a coffee and to pick up some beans. The roaster was super friendly and told us lots about how he runs his business. We then headed to a hardware store to find a ratchet strap since we are still trying to optimise the placement of the big red bag on my bike while Tobias naps. The old tube we are currently using has snapped 3 times and I don't really like elastic because sometimes when I got a bump on the descent the whole thing wobbles and moves my bike. Finally supplies from the bakery across the road for lunch rounded off our morning.

I started working on leg 8 of our trip which is kind of messy but will take us further into the Alps and to Switzerland for a bit before a couple of days of train hopping to get us over to some other friends in Burgandy. Leg 9 is a bit more train hopping from Dijon to somewhere near Belgium and riding up to Aalst.

In the afternoon we went on one of those little tourist train things which Tobias sees in every tourist town and thinks is amazing. It was a relatively relaxing way to see a city with a toddler. He's a bit slow at walking and on his bike we spend more time making sure he doesn't mow anyone down than looking around. We spotted a nice brew pub on our tour so stopped there on our way back to the house (via a Vietnamese restaurant for takeaways). 

It might have been nice to stay another day and see a bit more, but we have a date in the Alps to keep so we're heading off along the river again tomorrow.

We visited an awesome playground with a huge dragon to climb around in.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0