Annecy - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

July 11, 2023

Annecy

We had a really good day in Annecy today. Tobias generally catches up on a bit of sleep on our rest days and instead of waking around 6 it's almost 8 and then he'll nap an hour longer in the middle of the day too. It would be ideal if he'd just sleep enough while we camp and bike, but after nearly 3 months the best option seems to be giving him a chance to catch up each week or so. And we don't mind a few rest days either.

After family calls we headed out for coffee. James carried Tobias' "own bike" so when we got to the pedestrian area he could ride alongside us. We had to push up a few steps and he insisted on carrying his own bike. We had good coffee while Tobias raced around on his bike. From there we headed into town and James and Tobias went off in one direction while I went to replace my 10 year old bikini that doesn't fit and is losing threads in the bum. James and Tobias visited the Opinel knife store and bought Tobias his own knife. We got sandwiches for lunch and ate them at the park by the waterfront.

In the afternoon we biked back into town and hired a pedal boat with a slide on the back for an hour and headed out into the lake. So much for a rest day. It was beautiful out there and the water was definitely refreshing. Its still very hot here and the forecast thunderstorms haven't yet eventuated. Tobias even had a go down the slide and practised floating in his life jacket. 

Chips and cycling then dinner and bedtime rounded off a pretty relaxed day. I think knowing what we are doing for the next 2 weeks makes it a bit easier to take a break rather than catch up on administration. It should thunderstorm overnight tonight and then again throughout the day tomorrow, though with that kind of weather it's pretty unpredictable so we will just see what happens.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tobias 'driving' the rudder. He protested if we tried to adjust the steering.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0