Vienna: Tourist Central - Poking Around Europe 2.0 - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2015

Vienna: Tourist Central

Vienna is a beautiful city. Every time you turn around there is something to look at, to admire. there are so many gorgeous buildings it is hard to believe. So Keith and I decided to tackle this in the way we take in most new places, that is, wander around and take it all in. In the two or three days we have here, we haven't a hope of doing more than scratch the surface, so away we went.

It didn't quite work out that way though. I woke up with a scratchy throat, and was dragging. Keith forgot his all important battery pack in the room. That meant a walk back for it. We saw many things, but by 2 PM I was beat, we embraced our inner tourist, and got on a hop on hop off bus tour.

Isn't this hilarious? And I am not knocking it. What do you think Keith and I were doing? There were at least fifteen river cruise ships on either side of this bridge. That is what we are all gawking at.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We got a much better idea of the lay of the land, and we did take some pictures from the bus, but honestly, they don't do Vienna justice. After a couple of hours we had had enough, and we clambered off the bus and walked many more kilometres. There is just so much to look at, and to do. I think a week here would be about the minimum to really get a feel for the place.

One of the first things we looked at this morning was a bike shop. We find bike shops irresistible. This one had some amazing bikes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just pop this up into the office with you.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coolest folding bicycle I have ever seen.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And for you Brett, an electric mountain bike. No need for a lift or a shuttle. Isn't this awesome??
Heart 0 Comment 0
Vienna is geared for tourists. The horses they use to pull their carriages seem a little more elegant than the ones at home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Keith took a picture of this woman taking multiple selfies with her selfie stick and the Dom in the background. The people watching today was as interesting as the buildings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
These women adorned a high end clothing store. Just your run of the mill Vienna building. It really is amazing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Church interior.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Look at all the people!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here is the sort of thing they come to see.
Heart 0 Comment 0

So we walked, and we bussed, and we walked some more. We stopped for coffee and we people watched. We will do more of the above tomorrow. Austria is a wonderful place to visit. Soon though, we must decide what we are going to do next...very soon!!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0