Tuesday, May 27: Munchen: A day of 'rest' from the bike - Achtung Baby: Bavaria with a GPS & Some Great Canadian Gear (Tour 13) - 2014 🇩🇪 🇦🇹 🇨🇭 - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2014

Tuesday, May 27: Munchen: A day of 'rest' from the bike

BUT walking through the core of the city.

There were a few sprinkles of rain, but that did not stop us from going to Marienplatz then to tour the Residenz Museum, followed by potato soup and a dunkel at the Augustiner Brauhof. Thanks, Shelley, for the recommendation!

Proof of existence of me in Marienplatz!
Heart 0 Comment 0
You never know when someone out-of-the-blue will walk straight through your attempted photo shoot. I don't think Kevin minded.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back to Marienplatz for some large-city foot-meandering.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Shops with all kinds of goodies and things. Sorry, but I am on a bike so cannot bring one back home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My sister suggested the Augustiner over the Hofbrau because the former seemed to her more local than the latter.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a shame that our North American culture is unable to embrace the bicycle the way the Europeans do. Every train station and bus stop is full of bikes. It is an actual mode of transportation; in NA too many SUVs and pickup trucks that try to drive the bikes off of our roads.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the Augustiner was this old and very interesting chandelier.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Items for sale inside the Augustiner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another of my artsy shots of food stalls. Everywhere there were sterawberries for sale from the endless fields of berries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hard to believe that during the war this church was almost totally destroyed and then painstakingly and lovingly restored to this incredible splendour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Residenz Museum had a number of jaw-dropping rooms like this one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And this one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Once we were full of culture we tried some tasty soup and dunkel back at the Augustiner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Proof of said dunkel at the Augustiner. By the way, the coat is on because it was a fairly cool day and periodically there was a cool drizzle. But did I bring my umbrella? Of course not, still haven't learned.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0