Wednesday, May 28: Munchen - Bad Tolz: Am I having a deja vu? - Achtung Baby: Bavaria with a GPS & Some Great Canadian Gear (Tour 13) - 2014 🇩🇪 🇦🇹 🇨🇭 - CycleBlaze

May 28, 2014

Wednesday, May 28: Munchen - Bad Tolz: Am I having a deja vu?

WE spent a little bit of time making sure all of our things were bagged as we were due for rain today. When we stepped out it did feel like it was coming, plus, the wind was now fairly cool. Hey - I did NOT ask for that.

The meandering through the city was pretty much the same route I had taken a couple of days ago. Right down to Marienplatz. I love it that on a bike tour you can go right through the centre, and in Europe that means the old centre/centrum, usually right past old cool stuff and it is not tricky. On the other hand, a car would be tough, on foot would take forever, and in a bus would be like watching it on tv. Cycling is the best.

We did stop for a few photo moments, but continued to climb and finally exited the city. Once into the countryside and its villages we looked for a pastry shop for a treat, and we ended up stopping at a little grocery store in a tiny village where I had admired a wee pond a few days back.

Out of the village was a climb where I discovered that the smallest chainring was still giving me grief. Grrrr... again. But I managed. This time, we avoided my bush trek and stayed on the highway. The final two or so km we were starting to feel the climbs and the road had a lot of road traffic. It was nice to arrive and quickly find our Hotel Lindenhof. Very nice and a great shower.

Lucky as can be, there was none of the expected rain while we were cycling. A wee bit after lunch in the old centre, the rain started sprinkling a bit. Just enough to wet the roads, but during our walk we were hardly damp.

But, what is this world coming to? Here it is just past 5 pm and were back to the hotel and are zonked.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 km (34 miles)
Total: 459 km (285 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0