And we’re off....2 flights to Frankfurt - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

April 16, 2018

And we’re off....2 flights to Frankfurt

What bliss to have a great sleep  before a long day of flying. We have enjoyed the convenient location and the low key nature of the Quality Hotel South Airport in Richmond. We had requested a room at the back overlooking Minoru Park which gave us a nice outlook and best of all it was very quiet. The staff have been great and the provided hot breakfast was a welcome perk.

We are so glad that we didn’t try to come from Saltspring Island on the same day as our flight. It is good to have a relaxed start without worrying about getting to the airport in time.

Online check-in with Air Canada worked out well and  we were able to go through security very quickly. Monday seems to be a slow day at the airport and recommended for travelling. The flight to Calgary was full - we left the cold, wind and rain of Vancouver for snow in Calgary.  Arriving late in Calgary, we dashed down long corridors to the gate for our Frankfurt flight and then of course, we had to wait. 

Usually, we choose to fly on Lufthansa. But this year, Air Canada made us an offer we couldn’t refuse...we saved over $1200....and the good news is that we found Air Canada to be very good with very professional staff.

Frankfurt welcomed us with sunny skies and very warm weather, well above 20 degrees.  Cora picked us up and we were home in time to have a delicious lunch at her home.  A good day.

Waiting for the hotel shuttle to the airport in the breakfast room...and yes it is raining
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the aesthetics and welcoming feeling of Vancouver Airport. West Coast Aboriginal art anD culture is well represented here.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We had the good fortune of sitting with Christina on the Frankfurt flight. She was unwell on the flight but is feeling much better now. For her, one more flight to go .... to Copenhagen.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Christina ShieldsIt was great to meet you both. I hope that the tour is going amazing so far! Thank you for being great people to sit beside! -Christina
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0