We’re on Our Way - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

April 15, 2018

We’re on Our Way

Well, today is “D-Day” (departure day from Saltspring, that is).  Our flight leaves Vancouver tomorrow, but we need to be at the airport too early to be able to stay at home tonight. So we are off at 6:30 AM to take the Saltspring ferry to Tsawassen and stay at the Quality Hotel in Richmond, near Vancouver Airport. We will be taking the scenic route through the Gulf Islands, stopping at Pender, Mayne and Galiano Islands - 3 hours on the seas. Then we’ll take BC transit buses to Richmond. All in all, a good solution as we are only paying foot passenger fees on the ferry and a bus fare of $2 each. 

A perk of travelling on the ferry as a foot passenger, is that we can put our luggage on the BC Ferries van and not have to deal with it when we are on the ferry. Our taxi has just dropped us off at the terminal - a cold, windy morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
No coffee or breakfast this morning - can’t wait to get on the ferry to have some breakfast and get our journey started.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Salish Eagle is only a year old and was built in Gdańsk Poland. This new ferry services the Gulf Islands/Tsawwasen route.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Oh yes, ferry food and with a view. We were surprised at the improvement in the much maligned ferry food - 2 eggs “over easy”, fresh roasted potatoes, salsa, sausages and bacon, toast and ..saving the best for last... coffee!!
Heart 5 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesGlad to see you are on your way. We will be both ahead of you and following you closely from now on. Happy travels.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesHey Bartletts, did you land?
Reply to this comment
6 years ago