Two more Rest day in Missoula - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2007

Two more Rest day in Missoula

09-24

Laura rode her bike to work at the university so we could have the car. We with Dan go for breakfast at Paul's Pancakes, in a mall near "Malfunction junction." After breakfast, we look in the book exchange store next to the restaurant. Patrick has some good finds in architectural books, Rachel on gardening, a total of 12 books, so a trip to the post office is on the "to do" list. Patrick told Dan though, we are going to carry them, as Dan is obsessed with low weight in bags.

Dan leaves after we return to Laura's heading North. We organize the stuff to mail home, go to the post office, the post woman very helpful and gives us 2 boxes.

Next, we go to the Good Food store to shop for supplies for the road, and tonight's dinner we are cooking Tacos, bean drip and rice. Rachel is trying to remember the lines of the song Hokey Pokey, Laura filled her in on the words. Laura has a poster "what if the hokey pokey is what it's all about"

We have dinner ready when Laura gets home from work.

09-25

Charles and Beth pick us up for breakfast at "Food for Thought". A business started by Mary and Layne (Mary is RN that Rachel worked with at St. Patricks, and they moved to Seattle when Rachel lived in Seattle and worked with Mary again, then they moved back to Missoula) Layne is now part owner of the business. 

We go to Beth and Charles house and see Charles' workshop, he repairs violins, and he plays guitar for us. Beth and Rachel also worked together on the Cardiac floor of St. Pat's. It's been a good visit here in Missoula to reconnect with old friends. The ashes we carried and left at Pang La in the Himalayas was of Laura's husband Dan Fox.

Beth takes Patrick back to Laura's and we go do errands and shop and have a nice visit. A quick visit to Big Sky Brewery for a Moose Drool T-shirt and a shared salad at Perkins. We take Laura to dinner to "Iron Horse" Brewpub, Laura looks tired, says she doesn't sleep well so goes to bed early. We stay up and watch a Law and Order program, it's been a long time since watching TV.

The weather the next few days is supposed to be sunny with a cold front moving in by Friday night. We hope to be over the pass and back in Idaho by then.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beth and Charles
Heart 0 Comment 0
Laura and son Alan Fox
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dan's ashes on a cairn and Rachel reads "Will you remember me"
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dan's View
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0