To Dinh Quan: Roadside rest stops for coffee and tea - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

January 18, 2007

To Dinh Quan: Roadside rest stops for coffee and tea

We are up same time again and on the road the same time as usual, which is good especially today. We are out of the city center before traffic is crazy and over the bridge of Cau Saigon leaving the Mekong Delta behind.

The landscape is no longer a totally flat, one gear terrain. We actually have to shift with the rolling hills. Along the way are rows and rows of planted trees all in straight lines. Our rest stops are at roadside cafes. First one, Patrick has just bought fresh bread at the roadside and we stop for iced coffee; the next stop is for an iced tea and then later in the day, an orange drink on ice and another iced coffee.

Toward the end of the day, there is barely a sprinkle of rain, some of the climbs are long. When we make it to Dinh Quan Patrick stops to ask a group of men where a hotel might be. One of them escorts us on his motorbike to a hotel. It is full, he continues on with us following to the next one Nha Nghi Hotel and there is a nice room available. The lady is not too friendly, doesn't want our bikes in the room and doesn't help with directions to a restaurant. After Patrick cleans up and after a beer, he has enough energy to go explore for places to eat, and a store for milk and water.

We go to a food stall for a noodle/meat/vegetable dish for dinner. Back at the room we read and listen to the road traffic and honking.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Communist art
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
This girl wants to practice English
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 114 km (71 miles)
Total: 4,339 km (2,695 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0