Rest day in Yogyakarta: Recovery - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2006

Rest day in Yogyakarta: Recovery

We try the continental breakfast of toast and jam, watermelon slices, tea and coffee. Patrick is still weak and has no appetite. Rachel is a bit better and goes exploring. Spending about an hour on the internet, then walking down street gang II. After a few right turns, then left, and a right, ends up back on the main street with all the batik shops, and heads back to the hotel.

On the way back Rachel finds a silk batik in an "art gallery" of batiks. Not having enough money, she returns to the hotel with the guy following and waiting in the lobby. Patrick says to read in the LP about the batik scams...reads just like what just had taken place. No sale.

At lunchtime, Rachel ventures out again and finds a Pizza Hut for a supreme pizza and shops in the Mati-Hari grocery section. Rachel picks up pepsi, yogurt, chocolate pudding, edam cheese and chocolate for Patrick.

Midafternoon, Patrick was up and walking around a bit. Did almost the same route, found the main post office, tried to find an ATM, but still, he is not feeling well. The rest of the day we read, Rachel going briefly down street gang I and found a bookstore to exchange the two books we have finished.

We have a couple of brochures about local tours and hopefully we will both have the energy tomorrow.

Art gallery of Batiks
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0