Rest Day in Prince George: a relaxing day - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 29, 2007

Rest Day in Prince George: a relaxing day

Sleeping in a bed and a full sized pillow is a treat and we sleep well. The past 64 days we've been in our tent except for 5 nights--two with Jessie in Anchorage, two in Whitehorse and once in a motel at Dawson Peaks.

Breakfast is fruit and home made yogurt, toast and coffee. We relax and read. Mid morning we walk to the shopping center, change traveler's checks, the dollar has gained on Canadian money; Patrick finally gets a haircut at a barbers, and we shop for supplies. Peter works at making a salmon salad for sandwiches for lunch. We are eating when Todd returns from his shopping, he has decided to go on today, and leaves about 1pm, the weather has been drizzling rain and we are happy that it's a rest day for us.

In the afternoon, Patrick works on cleaning the bikes, Rachel walks with Richard to get Maggee at her school, she is doing prep work for the start of school next week. Rachel thought at first Richard wanted to talk about Jesse, she must be sick and need blood, and possibly received bad new from the blood bank...but nothing was said. It's tricky knowing what is not violating privacy.

The three of us walk to Starbuck's and have "fancy" coffee, sit at the table and work on a "cryptic" crossword puzzle...Example: The clue is attractive artwork (7)--the answer "Drawing" with the double meaning attract--draw; artwork--drawing. The decision had been made to go for Thai food for dinner. They are expecting tomorrow a family of cyclists and the pressure is on. We go to Mai Thai and have Pad Thai, Patrick has been craving, Masaman curry and sweet and sour fish....and Singha Beer!

The family is on the train from Smithers, they cycled from Vancouver to Smithers, tandem with one boy and pulling trailers with 2 younger kids by dad, mom on her own bike. The Metal Cowboy, Joe Kurmaskie, he is running out of time to get to a speaking engagement.  (addendum: https://www.metalcowboy.com/)

The train is late and we go to bed before meeting them.

Heart 0 Comment 0
A book cover
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0