To Purden Lake resort: another shelter to camp under - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 30, 2007

To Purden Lake resort: another shelter to camp under

As nice as rest days are, it sometimes makes leaving a lovely dry comfortable place like this more difficult, and especially when the skies are still gray with rain threatening.

We are up at 7:30 am to meet the cyclist family on a cross country trip. They came in on the train at 10:30pm last night and leaving again at 8am this morning. A shame they did not have a chance to get to know this family better. We eat pancakes and fruit for breakfast, then start packing up. 

Our bags are full of food for the next stretch to Jasper. We have a dry tent and our clothes are clean and dry. Jesse goes to work, and so does Maggee and Peter disappears on an errand. We say goodbye to Richard and ride off. Past downtown doesn't look like we missed much by not visiting, then across the Fraser River and back on the Yellowhead Highway heading East.

After two fairly tough climbs the road levels out and we made good time. One stop for a lunch break and at about 1pm we get to Purden Lake resort. We decide to go here instead of the Provincial Park 4km back because the weather is not nice enough to enjoy the lake anyway, and it takes about 5km off the ride tomorrow. We are in luck. There is a shelter behind the washrooms we can use to pitch our tent under. It has sprinkled just a little during our ride today, the rain starts early afternoon and has not stopped since.

We eat a burger for lunch at the roadside restaurant, write in the journal to catch up, read and relax. We just eat fettuccine with vegetables and clams in a white sauce, clean up and are ready to call it a day at 8pm.

It's still raining. We always hope tomorrow will be better.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Ganesh in the garden
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 65 km (40 miles)
Total: 13,631 km (8,465 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0