Rest day in Chonburi: Krasin's Beach House - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 16, 2006

Rest day in Chonburi: Krasin's Beach House

We were up early as usual, just hung out not sure what the plan for the day was going to be. Krasin is doing garden and house stuff. Then at 11am he says we are ready to go, and we all pile into the car.

He show us how close his house is to the beach, and we drive along the main boulevard. This isn't high season, so lots of empty beach chairs. For lunch, he takes us to a satay place "very famous". We get a small plate of peanut sauce for each of us, and small pieces of toast and a small dish of cucumber & onion in vinegar....

....and one large plate of 20 chicken satay sticks.... We are hungry! We didn't eat much for breakfast.... We each tried to cover up how much we were eating by stacking the empty satay sticks by each other's plate.

The afternoon is adventure in the "open" zoo. We meet up with Krasin's wife, niece and her daughter and go around the zoo until about 5pm. Then we rush to try to see the sunset at the pier missing it by about 5 mins. From here, we go straight to the evening market for dinner.

Patrick & I had fried mussels and pad thai...a big surprise.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Krasin and his wife
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the zoo, with Krasin's niece and daughter
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another great night market dinner
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0