Rest day Nonthanburi: Sky train - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 15, 2006

Rest day Nonthanburi: Sky train

Today we try to figure out more of the locate transport system. Krasin has given us a map of the sky train and we see we need to take the local #134 bus to Mo Chit.

We go out about 0830 and realize it must be rush hour. After watching awhile, we see a #134 bus in the middle lanes, follow the locals through the construction and traffic and get on the bus. It's stop and go until we get on a major artery. We asked the conductor about Mo Chit that is our stop. She nods. We go to the end of the line to Mo Chit Bus station.

We ask about "sky train" and she waves in a direction. It took several times asking and figured out we needed #77 bus. We recognized the stop as one of the earlier stops when a majority of people got off. We finally get to the sky train and to the stop Nana. We are on our way to Marcel's to pick up the package of bike supplies he has brought from Holland for us.

There is a nice coffee shop as we get out of the Sky Train Station and we have a cappuccino and share a brownie. We are to meet Marcel at 11am. So, we look for the bike shop that is supposed to be in the area. We also make sure we can find the apt building he lives in, then walk back to the shop. We both find new riding shorts, bike handlebar tape for Rachel's bike and bike oil. The lady owner is very helpful and curious about us and our travels and what it is like to cycle tour.

It's 11am when we ring the doorbell to Marcel's. We are not sure what reception to expect. We stay an hour visiting, Marcel has an out-of-town guest. For lunch, we rode the sky train back to Siam and had sushi in a fancy Japanese Restaurant. The sushi came in a lacquered box tray. We return to the apartment by 3pm. We are getting the sky train bus down!!

At 4pm, Krasin is to pick us up to go to his house in Chon Buri. It's more like 6pm when Krasin picks us up, we first go pick up his wife. He then drives us around the boulevards by the Grand Palace. The streets are lined with white lights as well as the trees and buildings, that was in place for the celebration of the King.

We get to Krasin's house late, we settle into his room that he vacated for us.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0