Go with the Wind - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

April 30, 2021 to May 1, 2021

Go with the Wind

Toowoomba to Cecil Plains

We tag-teamed with the car from Toowoomba, under pressure to get back to work on the 10th and for Roger to complete his unbroken line between Toowoomba and Roma in preparation for the start of the 'real' ride later in the year.

Oakey Railway Station, where one of us started and the other one finished on the first day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The track beside the railway line was perfect for riding.
Heart 2 Comment 0

From Oakey we sailed in the teeth of a roaring tailwind toward Cecil Plains.

The weather obliged with a brilliant not-too-hot sunshiney day and a rip roaring tailwind. I sat up straight to get maximum sail effect.
Heart 3 Comment 0

This part of the Darling Downs was flat, flat, flat, with paddocks of sorghum, stubble, or cotton to the horizon.

Most of the cotton had been harvested and the paddocks and roadside were cluttered with cotton bales awaiting transport to the gin. In a landscape with little shelter, they provided welcome respite from the wind and sun.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We checked into the Cecil Plains Caravan Park for the princely sum of $8/night, and discovered there are washing machines available for free. That will come in handy tomorrow!

Today's ride: 109 km (68 miles)
Total: 780 km (484 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0