Day 50 - biting the bullet and exponential anguish - Unfinished Business - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2023

Day 50 - biting the bullet and exponential anguish

I chatted with the Peace Corps bods before walking to Timor Plaza. There I met Bernie and Tenizia who had kindly offered their services in helping me buy a new phone.  I had a problem - a lost phone with everything on it lost. I did not need a new problem of a completely different phone. Thus I got the new version of my old phone. As expected, it came with no instructions and a different charging lead For an extra $US20 I got a new charger.

How I long for the day when power tools, like 250 mm angle grinders, and motorcycles are available with no instructions, no safety rubbish and no need for training. People will then appreciate the stress of trying to set up a phone in a country where a 40MB download takes a minute a MB in peak hour. But that was just the start of the ordeal.

Heart 6 Comment 2
Joel KrewazVery impressive Timor Leg Ian. Good to see you having a well earned catching up with old (and new) friends. Superb work they are doing.
Regarding the mobile phone....well done getting it sorted. I know you love them...and the cloud. The best wishes for your next leg.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Ian WallisTo Joel KrewazThanks Joel. Messages like this make a big difference when the tide is a bit low!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Jackie LaycockSo sorry to hear of your dramas with your phone. Here's hoping you can get the info restored, still enjoying the blog.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Ian WallisTo Jackie LaycockJackie - yes, not easy at the moment. Hills, heat, etc won't beat me but phones and the like ,..................!!!!!!!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Graham SmithIan look on the bright side.

An expedition blog needs drama and some suffering. Preferably minor suffering; nothing life-threatening nor limb shattering.

Like The Romans understood that the public relished the tribulations of gladiators in the colosseum, dedicated readers of CycleBlaze are hanging out to see how expeditioners such as yourself triumph over adversity, such as convincing a new mobile phone to work.

Onwards and upwards.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Ian WallisTo Graham SmithGraham You're dead right. I'll get rolling tomorrow and things will be good. Actually, they're good now. I just did a terrific tour with Belizia, a JDN member, of Women of TL - random buildings where women were tortured. Belizia is a champion!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago