Where can we go? - Escaping the Rain--In Spain - CycleBlaze

Where can we go?

November in Vancouver was never appealing

We bought our new townhouse in March 2020 as a presale, just before the Covid shutdowns.  We cancelled our trip to Italy (the original version of Fibonacci Scribble) and planned a tour of Sicily for 2021 because we'd need to be back to sell our current, no, make that former, townhouse.  Completion of the new place was to be sometime between November 1, 2021, and January 31, 2022.

We sold in June and needed to be out in mid-September.  The summer was spent purging, packing, and finally moving our stuff into storage lockers.  We booked AirBnB accommodation in Penticton for two weeks after moving out and then the month of October in Victoria.  As for November, we didn't want to make any plans.

Then, on the afternoon of the very day we'd completed the paperwork for the sale of our home of 32 years, we got our first update from the developer.  We wouldn't be moving in until the latter part of January.

Our first thought was, where can we go for November?  We had ski passes for two mountains in the Vancouver area, but skiing rarely begins before December.  The only good thing about November is that the rain may (or may not) mean it's snowing on the mountains.

This weather station is very close to our new home. You can see why we don't want to be in the area in November.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then it came to us:  Spain!  Of course, Al was thinking Mallorca and I was thinking Andalucía.  It took a couple of weeks, but Al came around to my way of thinking.  Mallorca would be sport riding and it's not much sport for him if he's always waiting for me, nor for me trying to catch up.  Andalusia would be touring, which involves a different mindset altogether.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Rachael AndersonI’m so glad you get to do a tour earlier than expected. You will love Spain!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Rachael AndersonI'm looking forward to it even though we haven't bought our flights yet. I enjoyed my previous touring in Spain (following your route from Barcelona to Bilbao, more or less) except for the late dinnertime. This time, we might try having our main meal as a late (for us) lunch with tapas later.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachael AndersonTo Jacquie GaudetI agree about the late dinner time. We did the late lunch and tapas and it worked well.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago