Getting Home - Wobbling Over the Alps - Tandem Tour - September 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 13, 2022 to September 14, 2022

Getting Home

There isn't much to document on our trip home.   We left Riva Del Garda at about 1000 on Tuesday the 13th and drove almost 6 hours to Cagnes-sur-Mer, just west of Nice.

We often joke between us that we like every town we visit, but Cagnes-sur-Mer proved us very wrong.  What a car-infested, pedestrian-hostile mess!  After spending some time walking off the long car ride, we were both in bad moods.  We found a place along the beach for dinner, walked back to the hotel, and locked ourselves in the room.

Wednesday the 14th wasn't any better in Cagnes.  We left the hotel in the rain at around 0930 and immediately were swallowed in monstrous traffic snarls that started literally in front of the hotel and didn't let up until about 15km down the freeway.  Ugh.

Once out of that mess, the drive home was uneventful and we arrived safe and sound in Limoux at around 1530.  Everything was pretty much as we had left it, but the garden is going to need some attention.  It's nice to be home!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Scott AndersonThanks for the reminder about why this area is better in deep off-season. It should be fine by the time we get there in late November as long as the mistral isn’t howling.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Tricia GrahamWhat a pity you didn’t go to Haut de Cagnes the original settlement up the steep hill. This was an artist settlement linked to Monmartre. We had this as the final destination of a cycle tour from Hamburg. The reason- during World War 2 my aunt (a kiwi so no French papers) on the day that the Nazis invaded Paris escaped with her partner, an artist. They rode bikes from Paris to Cagnes and spent the rest of the war there in the artist community
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith KleinHi,
Thanks for a splendid tour journal. It sounds like you had a great time, if one excepts Cagnes-sur-Mer, or better yet tries to forget it.
Here’s looking forward to the next one!
Cheers,
Keith
Reply to this comment
1 year ago