Creussen - Bayreuth: Following a river - from its source of course - Spring Tour in Bavaria 2010 - Part 1 - CycleBlaze

April 6, 2010

Creussen - Bayreuth: Following a river - from its source of course

The first question: which source? The Roter Main and the Weisser Main join and become the Main after about 55 km. We choose the source of the Roter Main since it is more accessible. I read that the path to the Weisser Main source is more suitable for hiking or mountain bikes. Not for us.

After a very short planning phase and inspired by a very positive weather report for the days following Easter, we board the train for a four-hour ride from Munich to Creussen which is about 9 km from the source.

Beautiful weather and it's wonderful to be back on our bikes and enjoy the countryside in early spring.

We feel welcome in Creussen.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are greeted by more signs showing us exactly which way to go.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of Creussen as we follow the signs to the source of the Roter Main.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Closer to the source we have some dirt paths, but always easy to ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heralds of spring
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltAlways nice to see signs of Spring after winter!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Everything well ordered - if you look closely you'll see even the bird house has a number.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The top sign indicates the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela, the others local hiking trails.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The source isn't much more than a dribble on wet leaves, but we were there.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Descent from the source of the Roter Main on our way to Bayreuth
Heart 0 Comment 0
Herr und Frau Osterhase: In this part of Bavaria, Upper Franconia, Easter decorations are popular.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltFunny! And well-done!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Easter decoration on a fountain
Heart 2 Comment 0
We are in Bayreuth in time to catch a view of the Neues Schloss (New Palace) in the late afternoon sun.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0