From Munich to Bobingen: Ready? - From Munich to Paris - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2008

From Munich to Bobingen: Ready?

I can't believe that we are finally on the road. It seems we have been looking forward to the trip for so long and now that it's finally time to leave, I can't grasp the fact that I must pack. I feel like clinging to the comfort and safety of home and my only thoughts are 'why are we doing this?  We'll be dragging heavy gear, sleeping in a tent or uncomfortable hotel beds, forcing the old bodies to work so hard - why?'

I know I'm not the first cyclist to ask these questions and we all find our own answers or else we wouldn't be out there again and again weighted down with heavy panniers, facing hills and wind and rain - and loving it.

Ready to go
Heart 3 Comment 0

We leave in dazzling sunshine and after about an hour I have pedalled all that fear and trepidation out of my system and don't need an answer any more to 'why are we doing this'. Everything is in bloom, dark green fields of wheat, oats and barley hem the road, wild roses scent the air - what a send off.

The weather couldn't be better: here still in Munich, following the path around the Nymphenburg Castle Park
Heart 1 Comment 0

We stop in Fürstenfeldbruck for lunch and on a park bench have a picnic from the leftovers we brought from home. Conveniently a gelateria is next door and seeing the number of cars lined up, we figure it must have the best ice cream in town. Yes, it's fantastic ice cream.

Peaceful countryside between Munich and Augsburg
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltThat's beautiful peaceful scenery. :)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We have already traveled the roads from Munich to Bobingen and knowing what's coming up next makes it seem shorter this time. We again sleep in the apartment of our friend Martin. Having accommodation waiting for us is a comfortable way to end the day.

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 71 km (44 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0