Moree - The fifteenth step ... Four months in Australia - CycleBlaze

April 20, 2024

Moree

There was a surprising amount of traffic on the Telleraga Road last night. It seemed as though all the traffic on the Gwydir Highway was turning off onto the Telleraga Road. So our sleep was often interrupted by trucks and utes shooting past our open patch of ground. 

It was a beautiful morning when we awoke and it was once again a privilege to be able to enjoy my morning coffee watching a colourful sunrise.

First pink.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Then golden.
Heart 2 Comment 0
I have really enjoyed the eucalyptus woodlands out here on the plains.
Heart 3 Comment 0

But it soon started clouding over and by the time we had broken camp it was quite grey and chilly.  I had my jacket on for most of the ride and after that I needed to have my buff over my face to ward off the flies. 

Traffic was much heavier than yesterday and it also seemed less patient.   We passed a couple of cotton gins on the way to Moree and maybe that is the reason for last night's and today's busy road.

Not all the cotton has been harvested.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We were in Moree before noon and had to wait a while before we could check in to our digs.   Laundry has been done and our electronic devices are busy charging.  

Tomorrow is going to be a short ride to Pallamallawa.  We have changed our minds about heading to Brisbane and so from Pallamallawa we will head north to Goondiwindi and eventually to Roma (maybe) before making for the coast.  Sometimes I  love it when a plan doesn't come to together.

A thunderstorm is brewing once again and we are sure to have a bit of rain tonight.   It was a good call to spend the night in a motel.

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 1,965 km (1,220 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0