Itu-ibate - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

September 14, 2022

Itu-ibate

Last night's digs was a good choice.  We had a good supper and slept like logs.  Breakfast was augmented by a gift of some tortillas fritos from our host.  So we set off with full tummies knowing we had a longish day ahead of us.  The first kilometer or so was through thick sand but once on the main road it was easy cycling.  Initially the wind was on our left cheeks but it soon swung to blowing over our left shoulders and gave us good assistance on the mostly very flat ride.

Leaving Ituzaingo.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The countryside was initially mostly conifer plantations but eventually gave way to open sour grazing with a few cattle,.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were lots of shrines to Guachito Gil.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Guachito Gil was the South American version of Robin Hood.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were fortunate enough to see a number of Greater Rhea(Rhea americana) today.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Eventually we reached the turnoff to Ita-Ibate.  A long avenue took us down to the little town on the Rio Parana.  We checked into a small hotel focused on fishermen, the Piedra Alta.  It is right on the river and though more expensive than we would like it is a good place to rest before what is likely to be a long day ending in wild camping tomorrow.

The entrance to Iba-Ibate.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The beach on the Rio Parana.
Heart 3 Comment 0
A relaxing post ride beer at the riverside.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Today's ride: 76 km (47 miles)
Total: 546 km (339 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0