Video - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Video

Gary Alexander

Can videos be uploaded to my Journals?  I tried a test, but received a notice that only  picture formats are allowed.  Thanks

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Mike AylingTo Gary Alexander

Many journals here include videos.

I would guess that they are hosted elsewhere and are linked to the journals.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
George HallTo Gary Alexander

Gary; get yourself a youtube account.  It's free.  You upload your videos to youtube, then you can embed them into CycleBlaze.  You should practice it before going on tour, but it's not hard to do.   While the video shows up in a window in your cycleblaze journal and looks like it is "there," it is really just the youtube video being played remotely in that window.  But to your audience of cycleblaze readers, it's all transparent. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Paul MulveyTo Gary Alexander

Technically, no. If you stick to the strict interpretation of "uploaded", then no, you cannot actually uploaded the video content to Cycleblaze.

What you CAN do is provide a link to a video uploaded and hosted on another site. I believe the current sites allowed are YouTube (which I use) and Vimeo.com. When creating your journal entry, click the video camera icon in the journal's toolbar. CB pops up a page asking for a link to the video content. That's where you'll post the link to the video on YT or VMO. When you do that, CB displays the video's thumbnail and from there, you can watch the video through the magic of linking as CB is showing you the video from the other site, all within CB.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 weeks ago