bib gourmand - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

bib gourmand

Mark Bingham

For those of you who love good food, Michelin has a category called Bib Gourmand in which they list restaurants that serve excellent meals for a reasonable price. Here's a link to the Michelin guide, and from there you can use the filters to select for bib gourmand, how many stars, cost, etc.

Bon appétit!

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
George HallTo Mark Bingham

Interesting, thanks for that info.  But when I'm on tour, I restrict my ravenous appetite to a strictly seafood diet; whenever I see food, I eat it!  If I luck onto a Peggy's Diner or such I think I'm in heaven, otherwise it's whatever the C-store or small town grocery has in stock.   But I like the concept of the Michelin Guide, thanks for posting it. 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
Mark BinghamTo George Hall

Yeah, on most tours it's usually whatever you can find in small town convenience stores and "Mom and Pop" cafes. But I was just noticing that the Andersons on Mallorca have a couple of Bib Gourmand options, and Steve and Dottie in Seville have even more. It looks like several people will be in Paris this summer, and some people might even use it when simply for non-biking trips. Just tossing it out to the bicycling universe.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago