Trekking not cycling - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Trekking not cycling

Rachel and Patrick Hugens

We are feeling ata loss of where to post our next adventure since we will be trekkinginstead of cycling. We will be back to keeping a paper journal and Rachelposting on her Facebook page when we have internet connection. Even though weare trekking, our trip may be of interest to cyclists wanting to cycle theKarakorum Highway and will be on Facebook. 

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Mike AylingTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

Have you considered Wordpress?

Post the link to your journal and your followers here can subscribe and be advised by email whenever there is a new post.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Mike Ayling

Thanks Mike for the suggestion. Just went to the site….it is much too complicated to navigate for my non technical brain. I’ll keep looking at it and let you know if successful Rachel

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

You should rent a bike for a few days over there somewhere, just enough for you to legitimize it as a bike tour with a little hiking on the side!  If that doesn’t happen though, I’ll have to retrain myself to look at Facebook from time to time.  I don’t really like Facebook, but I do want to see what you find over there.  It sounds like it will be an amazing adventure.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Rachel!

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Bob DistelbergTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

You might also think about using Instagram if you're going to be posting lots of photos.  The interface for posting is pretty quick and easy, and it also lets you cross-post to Facebook automatically, so that would allow CycleBlazers who use either Facebook or Instagram a way to see what you're posting.  

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Bob Distelberg

Thanks Bob, will look into that

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Scott Anderson

Thanks Scott and Hi to Rachael. 

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Graham SmithTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

Patrick I’m looking forward to seeing Rachel’s post on FB.

Last year I trekked the classic Everest Base Camp route with my son and nephew, and FB posts were enough. They were just for rels, friends and my own reflections. There’s reams of public info available about the EBC so I doubt I could contribute anything new or original.

There’s also a lot of published info about reasonably well known cycle tour routes such as The Karakoram, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about not journaling. Just enjoy the trek without the extra work of daily blogs is my suggestion.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago