Paris leads the way - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Paris leads the way

Scott Anderson

I thought I’d share this inspiring article about the urban revolution taking place in Paris, taking back the city from the automobile.  I can attest to its veracity.  Seeing Paris for the first time in over 20 years last spring, it was shocking to see it so transformed.  And, of course, it begs the obvious question - why not in your city too?

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Leo WoodlandTo Scott Anderson

Yes, Anne Hidalgo (the mayor) isn't to everybody's taste but she has achieved wonders in Paris, following on from Bernard Delanoë. Her objective is to turn the city back into district villages, with everything but the extremes obtainable within a few minutes' walk or bike ride.

She has closed many roads to all but cyclists, pedestrians and emergency vehicles and plans to close many more.

And Paris was the first city to have bike-hire on the street.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo Leo Woodland

It’s an appealing vision alright, and enough to make one think of expatriating.  But then what would I do with my collection of AR-15’s?

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago

You'd have to explain what AR-15s are, I think. I for one don't know.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo Leo Woodland

Oh, my gosh.  You lucky Europeans are so sheltered.  That’s the military style assault rifle that’s the weapon of choice for mass shootings in our sorry country.   there are millions of them in circulation over here.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Wayne EstesTo Scott Anderson

Sadly the number is 20 million military style weapons in civilian hands in the U.S.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
George HallTo Scott Anderson

Well, here's a suggestion on how to cycle with your AR-15.  And they don't even care if you have bad teeth. 

Should you wish to cycle for the King, or for some other military, here are a few ways you can carry your AR-15's; 

I'm guessing you probably have more bikes than AR-15's, so you should be able to mount 1 to each bike.  

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago

Yes, we live in blissful ignorance. Thankfully.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Wayne EstesTo George Hall

The last picture is awesome. It's hard to say what I like best. The bike, the gun, the uniform, the mustache, the ultralight kit. He masters everything. Probably even good teeth.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Leo WoodlandTo Wayne Estes

What's all this about good teeth?

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago